Saturday, June 13, 2009

Children's Festival preparation

The town is preparing for the Festival. I learned that last year they had balloons in the center of town which all burst. Leasons Learned!
I only wish they had more such events. People are out giving paint touch-ups throughout the town. Putting on their best face is always wonderful. People will be arriving from throughout Albania and neighboring countries. ALSO Puke TV will be recording this for all in the area to see. Last year, before I arrived there was an interview and a show of the event on the Major Television station.
The musicians are warming up on the steps of the school. Many people in the town came to listen during the practice. The man in the center is the head of the program.
People started arriving in the afternoon. All are greated in the school with drinks and food after their trip. Someone said 'cocktails', well not really was my response. However, when I went up I saw that indeed for the adults that came with the children - yes, you can have a cocktail!! Drinking in Albania is VERY DIFFERENT from the US!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: